View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stacy6681

BF doing great but....

BF of almost 5 years went to detox in February of this year. He has managed to stay sober (alcohol) since then and says he doesn't have any cravings or care to even have anymore through the grace of God. We have been attending church on a regular basis and he even treats be so much better now. I love the new him and the better things it has brought him. The only thing I am having a hard time with was that he had to quit his job to go to detox. I have been very supportive as much as I think I can. He actually quit his job before going in so he could get the state to help pay for it. Now it has been almost 6months & he needs to get a job! I contacted a friend who still works at a place he used to work to see how he could get his job back. Well he went in to talk to his old boss but still hasn't heard anything. This has been a couple weeks now. Is this enough time for him to start back or would I be still pushing it if I say anything else? I am struggling financially and causing my own stress. I'm trying to be supportive of this whole situation but not sure how much longer he really needs!??!