Thread: Boredom
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Darwinia
Catch 22

Boredom

85 days into recovering and counting. The days, the hours the minutes the....

So far this journey has been relatively easy. Today however feels like hitting a wall. Everything feels....boring. I do what I enjoy namely working, reading, playing golf and watching the Olympics. I had a weekend away with sober friends and it was fine.

But today I really miss what I used to associate with boozing. Easy, silly, relaxing fun and talking ******** and laughing a lot and chilling. My really good friends are still drinkers and quite a few drink too much. As much as I used to drink. I miss hanging around with them. Sure I can still do, but not drinking makes it tedious.

I have made new friends at AA. They are nice enough but it feels as if all discussions only revolves around recovery. In all honesty, apart from being addicts in recovery we probably have nothing in common.

Tomorrow is a public holiday. Pre-recovery I would have had a party lined up for tonight knowing I can sleep late tomorrow. Instead I am going to AA and tomorrow I will go to work even though I am completely up to date.

I do not want to drink, but I do miss that particular vibe. I guess that is the cost of going so hard for so long.