Thread: Hitting a wall
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

We went through HUGE issues with my older son when he was a teenager. In fact, he was well into his 20s before things really turned around for him. He was a mass of anxiety and depression, would not/could not hold a job longer than 3 months, couldn't stick with school, made bad choices with friends, had a few brushes with the law.

Today, he is very happy and secure in a job with a company he's been with for five years. He's received several promotions and awards. He has a lovely g/f, who has had a few issues of her own, which he managed admirably (she's doing much, much better).

So yeah, there's hope for your daughter. It sounds as if she's willing to take at least some of your guidance, which is a good thing.

I remember my mom once saying if she could have shipped me away for the entire year I was 17, she would have jumped at the chance. LOL, I don't remember being "that bad," but I was probably way more difficult than I had been.

Please do try to take care of yourself. It WILL get better, but you need to take care of things like your health problems.