View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
capricallia

New here, day one after relapse

Stopped drinking last year for eleven months and stupidly picked up the drink again. Fuelled by thoughts that I wasn't really an alcoholic, after all I had stopped for ao long I could moderate. Sigh, very predictable story it seems. I did moderate for a short time but I've noticed my drinking careering up again.

Behaviours like sneaking sips of vodka when my partner was in a different room as we were approaching the end of the wine and I hadn't had my fill. Hiding empties in the bin rather than recycling. Saying I was going home to bed after a bottle of wine when really I was going out to buy more to drink.

Sick and tired of feeling awful so many mornings. Bad anxiety attacks with my hangovers worried about the state of my liver. Two relatives have died in the last year through alcoholism and I can't put my family through me taking the same path. As I rapidly approach 40 I'm conscious of the fact there's only so much abuse my body can take.

Never used a forum before, attended the odd bit of AA and got exercise obsessed, well more like addicted really. Once I hurt myself and couldn't exercise I was straight on the bottle. I'm hereto make myself accountable, pick up a few more tips for my sober armoury, obviously I need more plans in place. Hopefully chat to some along the way, it seems like a nice supportive place.