View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sugarbear1
~sb

I was sober almost 3 years before I started dating. When I did start dating, I felt like a very immature teen....worrying about when he'd call, why he hadn't, what's going on....I was a mess! (and I'm much older than you!!)

I had more work to do on me, so I worked with my sponsor to delve deeper into me to figure things out.

Then I began dating this other man. We sat down and discussed ourselves with each other, we set down boundaries and what we were looking for in a relationship. So far, it's worked for 3 years. We still don't live together and we don't see each other nightly, but we are two individuals who share quality time with each other. He's been supportive of me and I've supported him emotionally.

I guess I'm saying it takes time to work on self and it takes time to work on a relationship. Honest communication helps. This is not an easy task. Once we know ourselves, that is when we can work on the relationship with another.

Keep working those steps into your life, keep working with others, do what you can to make your life a well-rounded life! Keep working those principles into your life. You are young, you have time to cultivate this relationship or to find out it's not what you want. Take it easy. Work on your acceptance. Work on not having expectations. Work on honesty. Work on those things first!

Not sure this helped you or not.