View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Yours Truly

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Yours,

I would let them go for now. Once your step mom is gone, your Dad might come around to you.

My Mom basically abandoned me at 5. My Dad didn't really care if I lived or died. He told me that once. Thank God one of my Grand Mothers loved me so much. My aunts too. Otherwise, I was just a little kid that nobody cared about. Pretty sad.

Back to you....I would not keep a light on for my Dad, but I might turn it on if he shows up. That will be up to you.

Otherwise, I'd let it go. You deserve to be loved. There are so many people in this world who will love you.

The internet has made the search a whole lot easier. In the mean time you have a caring gang of addicts right here to chat with until you get sore thumbs.
D, I think you're right. I'm glad I haven't responded to his hateful email. My lack of response will give the old man something to chew on and perhaps teach him some humility.

Though I'm not counting on the humility part.

Your comment about how your father told you that he didn't care if you lived or died reminded me of a time that my Dad told me "I brought you into this world and I can take you out of it."

I bet this thread has raised a lot of horrible memories on behalf of respondents and readers as well, and I am so, so sorry for that. :-(

Thanks for your message, D. It means a lot to me.