View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome, Yours Truly, most of us here are codependent, I KNOW I am , so you have come to the right place.

I am so sorry for all you have been through, right since childhood, and I hope that you will consider some counseling to deal with the issues that surely must be a struggle.

I hope you hear the love in my heart when I say this...these people have abused you long enough, nothing you do or don't do will change them, they are toxic and it's not your fault, not at all.

Sometimes we just cannot get love and approval from people who refuse to give it. There is a great author who writes some great books about codependency, Melody Beattie, and she says "nothing is more frustrating that trying to get something from someone with nothing to give".

These people have no love in their hearts, so they are incapable of giving love to anyone, no matter how worthy. This is about them, and not about you.

There is a really great book by that same author called "Codependent No More". Many of us here found it touched us deeply and helped us figure out why we are the way we are and what we can do to rise above it all. I highly recommend it.

Stick around, others will want to greet you also. There is a lot of good information in the Sticky Threads at the top of this forum, you may want to take a read around.

I am glad you found us, you are among friends here who understand. I hope you will stay and continue to share with us on this journey of recovery.

Hugs