Thread: Am I settling?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
firebolt

Hmm

My XABF said he loved me - all the time. He told the world he loved me. He called me beautiful, and his soul mate.

His actions however, were the complete opposite, half of the time. He called me horrible names. He was inappropriate with women. He ditched me when I needed him. He was hateful when he didn't get his way.

So - actions, not words, Liz.

It is so hard to see the line between a healthy desire for our future, and expecting someone else to make us feel good about ourselves.

I sometimes don't always knows what's best for me. I hem and haw, waffle and bounce around constantly. Should I? Shouldn't I? Am I making the right decision here? I am slowly learning to trust my intuition and my gut. But insecurity and doubt cloud my thinking at times.
I struggle with this as well - so much.

If yesterday with him is good, and today is good, then you can probably expect tomorrow to be good as well.

If it is excitement and crazy passion you are missing, there are plenty of alcoholics out there

I found something similar in the book Conquering Codependency and Shame (great book btw)....and as a girl that loves some thrills..... this was a bit of an eye opener for me.