View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
LoftyIdeals
SoberOutlook

Hi All,

Thought I'd check in. I read back a bit, and owe a huge congrats to mirage for 5 years! I'm proud of each of your sobriety points, old and new. Sorry I missed Dave, and hope he comes back.

I've still been drinking, but haven't today. It might be the right day to call Day 1. I'm still in counseling, individually, and marriage, and know the time is right for me to quit. I like both counselors, but unfortunately, my wife and I agreed with our counselor that we are 80% sure divorce is coming. It's a shame, as I was hoping it would help us work it out, but I think it's just helped us realize how far apart we are. It won't be easy, so it will be good to become sober again. I'd like to say at least we stayed together until the kids were grown, but I think we've probably scarred them more that we should have with all the drinking and fighting. What I really know is that I can't continue to live this way; both the drinking and the fighting. We have just never grown together in our 23 years. Sad, but true.

One of our issues was my time on SR. My wife would get jealous and suspicious of my time here. Now that it doesn't matter anymore, I hope I can join back in the conversation, and the sobriety.

I've been a wreck since my associates death in April. I had written his parents a long letter at that time, and she called me yesterday to thank me. Obviously, she was broken up. I've never met his parents, but will be meeting them at the gravesite in the next couple weeks. I still miss him lots, but have worked through much of my grief.

I've been having some successes, though. My doc changed my ADD medicine, and it's working wonders. I had lost much of my executive motor function between drinking and my former meds no longer working. And I was literally the walking dead, numb from all the fighting. But, I seem to be coming back.

I hope your cataract surgery went well today, babs! I had a root canal yesterday, and the doctor was an expert; no pain during or after, and only local anesthetic was used. I now have to get the molar crowned, coming up next month.

Glad your music is going well, Dee! I have a nephew making it in the industry, and my daughter is making it in the YouTube and modeling world.

My son has had much progress since I last posted, and now has a good full-time job and will attend community college in the fall. My other son gets back from overseas at the end of Sept, and will likely deploy shortly after.

Much love and admiration for each of you. I'm looking forward to renewed sobriety and serenity.

Peace,

Lofty