View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TimeForMe

Plot Twist! I sure know how to pick 'em

You can't make this stuff up. I posted over the weekend about a guy I've been seeing for a while, we got in a big argument about him yelling at his son, and I think I actually wrote that he is not (nor ever was) an addict.

Fool me once...

Some of his behaviors were red flags to me...textbook addictive behaviors...that I thought were just because he grew up in a very dysfunctional home. After I left there on Friday, I saw on fb that his ex was at his place over the weekend. At that point I was FINALLY completely done with him in my heart and in my brain. We did not talk until yesterday, when he called and texted me until I finally responded.

He was verbally abusive and told me he wanted some sleeping pills that I had (my Rx) and that I stole them from him (!!!!). He got more and more belligerent and kept saying cruel things to me. I did not get angry, all I could think was, another addict. Quack quack quack.

It hurts me that I allowed myself to trust someone that did not deserve it. I have a lot of work to do.