Thread: On My Way #4
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Calitano, thank you for your many kind words. Nothing serious is going on so my decision yesterday was based on me becoming more cautious as I've become older because I've recognized that there's a double edge sword in play; it's easier to get injured and it takes longer to recover. Like you, it too me along time to embrace the concept of "less is more", but I have now. To some extent.

And don't you worry; I'm going to keep pushing just as I always have although there will be some accommodations to going about things smarter. Yesterday was an example of such; no gym, but I still did about 20 minutes of exercise not including the dog walks.

Medical Update

The patient is home and resting soundly. She's still a little whacked from the anesthesia, but so far has not taken any of the pain meds. The liquid portion of the matzo ball soup is ready and the matzo balls will be ready in about 3 hours. Ingredients for milkshakes are waiting to go and mashed potatoes will be started in a few hours. I'm going to do my best to save all of the aforementioned for dear daughter; my wife and I will be having salmon burgers and a salad for dinner.

Although my wife and I are both home, so our daughter will never be alone, I think I'm going to hang around the homestead today and not go to they gym. Intellectually it doesn't make sense; she's a smart and independent young adult who spent most of her four collegiate years living away including months traveling to parts of the world that I've never been to, but she'll always be my little girl and on a day like today when she's hurting I want to physically be there for her.

Okay, enough of the sap. I'm going to wrap my wrist and do some pushups.