Thread: Day 30!
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
WeekendWarrior

Originally Posted by Username7775 View Post
WW, that is awesome. Congratulations, and good for you for extending the commitment!

As I think I've posted on one of your other threads, you and I have a lot of similarities. I was mainly a weekend binger (although I was more "advanced"--hard alcohol exclusively and drinking pretty much straight through the weekend), who went through the cycle of just surviving on Monday and Tuesday, feeling a bit better on Wednesday, and by Friday, being ready for another binge. I'm on day 30 today as well, and I've had to drastically modify my expectations of what I can get done during the week.
Yeah man! Those 3 days - Sunday Monday & Tuesday - were hell. They were the cost of the "fun" on Saturday night, and I'd spend those 3 days cursing Saturday night. I've got those days back now as good ones! Great, isn't it? Whenever I feel a crave, I just play the tape of those 3 days of slowly-declining misery. THREE friggin' days. Every week. Not worth it and so clear to me now.

Congrats on your 30 days as well. It is truly a gift. I hope others in that horror of the first week see this thread and get inspired. It does get easier. Much! Do I miss that feeling that drinking gave me? Absolutely. I'd be lying if I said no. But to compare that to the 3 days of feeling like **** - I just play that tape!