View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Denise14

I hope your husband gets off it and soon. I suspect that when they stay on it for years it changes who they are. My husband has been on suboxone for almost 10 years . I know that taken properly and administered correctly it is a lifesaver for some. Not us though. My husband moved out last year. Has little contact with me or our teenage children. Has cut ties with his siblings and his friends. No longer attends meetings. When I ran into him by chance a couple of weeks ago he was yellow. He is so angry/violent that I don't go near him at all willingly. We've been married 24 years and I was never afraid of him til recently. He hasn't read any of the studies that say depression, isolation, digestive and stomach problems are a side effect. He has all of them. My soon to be ex thinks he can't function without it and won't even consider that this s#^~ could be the problem. I don't think he is ever going to get sober and my heart is broken. We have the most beautiful 5 children you could ever imagine. But like some others my husbands prescription runs out early and he supplements with other drugs. I hope you have a different result. I'll pray for you.