View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
cairn

Think there was some lingering concern over finances, wasn't there? Maybe he can make something uncontestable up. Spent enough on 'rehabs', only so much a businessman wants to write off in life.

Seems to me the rehabs continue to lodge their favorite hook into society's mind, that the alcoholic chooses to drink the way he does. Heck, we even believe it. But rehabs are there to make money, their psychobab may work for addicts i dunno, they may work for hard drinkers and potential alcoholics, for awhile, but for the most part they just keep us as sick as possible as long as possible, and make as much money out of us as possible, until we die. I have come to view them as the thieves in the road that rob a man on the way back home to his father's house. But then i'm weird. Alcoholics and their families make the very best of repeat customers.

Maybe when she finds herself locked out of that bedroom, she might be lucky enough to bump into some sober AAs who know what they have and know what they're doing and actuallyget out there in the world and do it. Those guys can lay one mean trap to catch an alcoholic

The book is good but real live examples seem to lodge themselves in our consciousness in a most fundamental, kinda sneaky way?

The alcoholic, for reasons yet obscure, has lost the power of choice in drink, and has placed himself beyond human aid, i'm told.