Thread: Mixed messages?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 09:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

soinlove......I have one more thought that I want to share with you...as, woman to woman....aside from the alcoholism issue. I am , also, speaking from experience, as I dated during the many years between when I divorced my first husband and remarrying, again. I had three children.

The reality is this...a lot of guys will be attracted to you and, they may enjoy the benefits of, loosely, "playing house".....and, may even like the cute kids....enjoying all of this---as long as it is in the category of your responsibility.
They bask in all the perks of what you have to offer....even, including the security of the horizontal tango, whenever they want.....

But, when it is requested, or IMPLIED, that they shoulder this kind of responsibility..50/50....many men do not want to handle that kind of permanent commitment.
If doesn't, necessarily, have anything to do with alcoholism or any other intervening issue.....

If this is the case....be grateful that you have been allowed to have this information on the front side of things....
I can't think of anything worse than finding this out after the fact...after you have invested even more of yourself and your children in him.......

I know that this is very blunt talk....but, I just felt, that, as a fellow woman and mother...it had to be said.....
Part of the sisterhood......

dandylion