View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Whodathunk

Sorry. Not drinking. Old anxiety physical habits surfacing, which I consider as a karmic kind of reminder that I need to really count my blessings and be on alert for anything that might cause me to want to drink. I need to keep my sobriety front and center right now.

New Sober Date is 07/10/15.

Thanks for asking for clarification.

As far as reduction in anxiety by not drinking, agreed, but for some of us, anxiety is a bigger deal then it being less by not drinking. In some cases anxiety becomes heightened because we no longer get to hide and numb ourselves, but I understand your point.

And yes, for serious anxiety problems, as in health and mental, those people (like me) should seek medical advice and help. I have a shrink that I see regularly and am on Sertralene, the generic for Zoloft, and it has been a big help. Still, there are times when overwhelming anxiety just invades and takes over.

I like to think that it is my alcoholic brain trying to get me to drink to ease the anxiety, this helps me keep sobriety on my front burner. We all have our ways, this is just how I handle it.