Thread: Mixed messages?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
soinlove
Soinlove

Question Mixed messages?

My long time (3+ years) ABF moved out two weeks ago saying he needed to fight his demons & figure things out. I've been a wreck to be honest, but have gotten to a place where I'm working on things I need to.. Seeing a counselor, getting ready to start al-anon, moving etc.
Atfirst we didn't talk at all, then a week in did.,& agreed we should meet up, and did-- had a great time, he said he loved me & missedne , we kissed and stuff( all like normal ), he said he wanted to come up and see kids and I in a few days.
He came by & saw me at work two days later bc he was sick, said he was detoxing ( yes on his own) but decided to stop drinking .. Wants to see me soon .
Over next few evenings we talked briefly , but he got back in this " reserved" mode.., yesterday we were joking around about exchanging pics & him coming over for a sleepover soon,. Then last night my son started dreaming out because they haven't seen him as he'd promised, so I text the ABF asked him to plz get in touch with me as soon as possible. A few hours later I get this awful message saying... FYI this is the sort of stuff I'm going to run from. That's not my responsibility any more. Sorry.
I cried and cried...
Is he referring to the sleepover soon reference? The me asking him to touch base with me soon ( I'm guessing he assumed I wanted him to do call me to tell me when he's coming over ). I did let him know that I had wanted to talk to him about my son .. But that id chill.. & asked if we were still cool?
I'm so lost... Ive never seen this side of him,& it scares me to the core that it appears I'm losing him ??
I was told by a family member who recently talked to him that ABF told him that he was working on his stiff,so he could them work on stuff with me.
But yet that message last night? 😥
My brother said " that " was the addiction .. Until he got that under control I have to back off & give ABF space and time... Do you agree? Is it possible for us to come out the other side ??
I'm starting today re-focused, seeing counselor ,& working on me stuff for kids & I .. Big move coming up .. & lots of new things.
What does everyone think ? .. Major mixed messages.. I'm torn up & so confused