Thread: Compassion
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

i agree with scott nothing wrong with being straight up with how you feel just have a take it or leave it attitude 0 expectations etc..

Help from family and friends will it make it better? I just dunno the answer there. I'd like to think yes but i know in my case I'd also possible bite the hand too but then maybe accpet it from another tho iw as pretty unpredictable.

I like your food analogy. I use the same one. I know for some they drink to cope others eat to cope. I think both can be just as detrimental to health and the people around them. That being said I never heard of someone over eating pizza and then getting behind a wheel and killing someone all becuase they ate too much pizza ::scratches head::

but yeah food addications are also very real. I'm glad you realize how scary it would be if someone said hey stop eating pizza forever! lol the horror!

People used to tell me to quit drining or smoking when i explained it wasn tthat simple they said i was making excuses. I used to think things like that well how about you just give up ice cream then? That always sparked the debate lol.

no i'm on the other side personally. Have not had a drink in over 5 years. Have not eaten pizza ice cream or anything that would be considered garbage in over 4 years. These very same folks now are baffled how did you do it how did you give it all up I sometimes feel like telling them oh its just so simple dont make excuses lol.