Old 07-11-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by ramennoodles View Post
It's strange. I sometimes can go a few days where one of the withdrawal symptoms calms down or completely goes away. And then, just when I think I might actually be getting better, the symptoms return again...with a vengeance.
This is quite common unfortunately. Our bodies and minds take a lot of time to heal and things can flare up over time. I had the same issue and also have the same thing with anxiety - it will be great for weeks at a time and then I just have a "bad" day now and then.

If you cannot afford insurance, you might want to consider seeing a drug/alcohol counselor. Most cities have subsidized clinics that offer free or sliding scale fees. And a basic counseling session will most likely cost much less than what you would have spent on booze for a week. You may have some underlying issues that can be addressed by a counselor.

Most cities also have subsidized medical clinics or even "quick clinics" where you can get a basic physical or quick health checks for a small fee. You might consider that if your physical symptoms do not improve.

There's a lot of things you can do yourself just to help your health in general - drink enough plain water each day ( not soda, sugary juices, etc ) - get enough rest when you can - eat fresh/healthy foods - get some light exercise daily, even just going for a walk can help the body and the spirit.