View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
cairn

Lol many of us abnormal drinkers don't do sociable, we do holy jihad armageddon warfare against perceived slights and offenses of every kind, real or imagined, and way out of proportion. It isn't Mary the schoolkids elected unhappy dog poop patrol, she seems rather to contain every principality and power of darkness against whose self righteous bigoted authority and conspired power we nobly rail all warfare and hellfire... mostly internally, but some always spills out, and makes daily life with us and by ourselves tedious to IMpossible to miserable Defiance - the outstanding characteristic of many an alcoholic. You don't tell me what to do.

We drink to drown it all out one day, then drink to go sht disturb the next...many such conflicts live way below the level of consciousness.

AAs have been showing me some very very simple 'flimsy reed' tools to quiet the stormy emotions, set my relations in more stable workable balance. When with a will i do decide to try them, since i desperately need to find peace, they are changing my perspectives, gradually peeling my eyes open to so many things i never knew nothing of, all those mysterious things i could never quite put my finger on, for example, the rights, privileges and well being of others! who it seems i have discounted my entire life, unless i could benefit somehow.

They say that anger is poison for us. I get spurts every day, and now peer to see exactly what is behind them. Fascinating. Oh they also observe self-restraint is top priority for us...top priority. Cheers! Let the pooch poop at midnight! Lol