View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 04:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Change4good

Originally Posted by Whodathunk View Post
For me the pink cloud thing (and similar to others I have heard in my home group) is that great feeling that you are feeling, but that the accompanying danger is that many people (including me) felt that I must not really have a problem, 'like everyone else', and it only took one drink, and off I went. (I have never been able to have just one, at the end of my drinking it was to blackout every day).

So my spin on it (and from what I have heard) is that the pink cloud can offer a false sense of security and bring thoughts of being able to drink, and of 'not really' being an alcoholic.

Also commonly added to "Pink Clouds" is "Unicorns", but I really have never understood what it meant.

If I am wrong on my understanding, well hey, it worked for me. I remember that feeling oh so well. It took me months to bet to 90 days for that very reason you explained.

BTW, I was sober 2.5 years and did not have a pink cloud moment, but I WAS convinced that I had done my time and could drink socially. This was in April 2015. It ended very badly, and took me till July 10, 2015 to finally put together 24 hours. Yep, that would be one year coming up tomorrow if I can make it, and my goal is to never have a 3rd one year chip that I am gunning for......

Great Post!!! Good luck! Glad you're here!!!!!!!!!
This was me exactly. My pink cloud was a feeling of liberation. I wasn't shackled to alcohol anymore, so I could drive anyway, never suffer hangovers, never have to worry about having enough alcohol.

I could be there completely for my kids.
I could volunteer anywhere, and show up.
I could lose weight and exercise.
I could confidently engage in any conversation.

And then I thought I could have a couple. Then I was no longer liberated, but shackled again. So I did have a pink cloud, and then it turned into a turbulent thunderstorm when I went back out.