View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
strategery

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
I thnk people are obviously trying to help. But I think the choice of words perhaps gives one the impression that they are tired of it.

I read some of the responses and it sounds like some are just really tired of sleepie and he threads. Maybe they are not but how things are written sometimes I think wow did they jsut say that like I think they said it?

People have tried to be supportive, but then she just beats herself up more. The thread then devolves into more self-pity and how her life sucks and how she's screwed because of her past, her disorders, new disorders, etc., which I don't think is helpful either.

If a tough love approach is used, then it's everyone is being mean to her.

There is seriously no winning either way.

One of the aspects I get concerned about, is how she's saying how sobriety is always so terrible for her even at 6 months. I think a large chunk of it is her mindset, but it seems to be a consistent theme of her threads. What if a newcomer or someone thinking about getting sober or is struggling sees this? This may discourage someone trying to get sober or from getting through a tough time in early sobriety. I think all of us here have a certain responsibility as to what we're posting. If you want to vent, go ahead, but do so in a blog. I think there needs to be some mindfulness as to what is posted since it could impact others.