View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

I see common cycle in you threads, Sleepies. You has severe anxiety disorder and you was very horribly abuse and invalidated as child, so I think when you having high anxiety over something, and somebody say thing you perceive as invalidating, is perfect storm trigger. It inscrease you anxiety even more, bring up those feeling of invalidation and shame, wall and defenses go up, and then you just wish to shut down. Well, of course you do. I sure that how you learn to survive and cope. Is like a PTSD reaction.

It total understandable to me. I also understand why other maybe feel frustrate when they perceive you become defensive instead of consider they advice, which they take time after time to give, probable with best of intention.

It really is hard to continual support someone with chronic mental illness, and, it really is hard to BE someone with chronic mental illness. I know from first hand. I hope is somehow bridge to better understanding on both side.

Now I must point out, that this time you do something different, Sleepies. You did not go silent. You come back with you guard down little bit and you express that you feeling shame. Well I think that huge. And I very proud for you to have courage to make self vulnerable and no shut down. I think is more progress. That what I see.

I hope you stays with us Sleepies. You voice and you journey important. As is everybody here.