View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
dawnrunner

I'm so sorry about the attack. I got attacked in March and not nearly as injured as you were, but it shook me to the core. I became very fearful and distrustful, changed all my routines, carried pepper spray in spite of the fact that I'm sure I would spray myself with it in a crunch.

I agree that you are having residual trauma and perhaps healing up a brain injury, all of which is a lot to deal with even apart from your capstone project.

Student Health Services will have both experience and high confidentiality so I hope you will drop in there. Mention both the injury and the self-medication; also mention your current project status. They are invested in both your health and your academic success.

Make sure you are getting good nutrition: high quality protein needed for healing brain trauma. How is your sleep? Do you have a friend or ally nearby who can help by being there? As a mother, I'd want to help my son; as a daughter, I'd want not to upset Mom. So, tough call. But don't be alone if at all possible.

Take care and best wishes on the project!