View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
werlp, I don't know if ya ever read my story, but if ya did youd know I was diagnosed stage 3 metastatic melanoma 13 months into recovery- back in 2006. I went through a crapload.
and I still have cancer. it is something I will always have and theres a high probability it will kill me.
and I have choices!!!! I can allow it to consume me and make me miserable or I can live in today and make the most of it.

honestly,sleepie, it is YOU that fuels your depression. it is YOU that is looking for ANYTHING to be the problem other than YOU. you've been doing it for a very loooooooonnnnng time.

yes, I feel sorry for you.
TomSteve not to overstep my bounds but would you say given your situation you kinda had to sit with it and learn how to accept things how they are and move forward? Does it now and then rear its ugly head again?

I know for me when i got bad stuff i'm worried about if i sit with it as painful and as much of a struggle as that can be I can usually come to a place of acceptance and be ok. Its gotten easier for me over the years but when i was in early sobriety forget it. I went from one thing to the next worried and anxious like crazy.