View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cricket123

input needed little stuff

This is little stuff but it comes from being married to an A. I have a hard time making decisions and I have a hard time discussing things with my kids and I don't want to overburden my few friends with this.

My first issue is my ex husband's niece is getting married next Friday and all three of my kids are in the wedding. She has text me and facebook message me about me going at the time I said was going. However it is 3 hours away and I would be going by myself and I just don't want anything to do with that family at this time. I have a lot of resentment toward them on the way they enabled my ex and after years of backing his exclusion of me at family events, I have developed an attitude. I go back and forth and I need to make a decision this weekend so I can rent a car (with air) to drive over there. Any input on this please.

The second thing is my daughter is renting an apartment this year for her schooling. Due to the nature of her classes no one was willing to hire her for the summer(she was leaving for 3 week for a class on beaver island she paid for it out of her checking account) and leaving for myrtle beach(10 days) in about 3 week for vacation with the aunt. Ok she told me if she got a job she was not going to myrtle beach.(no job) Her cousin texted her the other day and let her know the cost of her up do for the wedding and she was not happy with that because her rent is due on the 14th and she don't know how to pay for it. I directed her to the bank that the aunt set up for her(I was not told anything about it at the time so I pretty much know nothing about that) and told her to find out the balance and call financial aid about getting money for rent. She made the comment that she got about $1000 less for this coming year then she did last year.

Ok my problem with this is I told both kids that were in college to look at their fasfa (?) and see where they could get the most money from -their dad or mom. dad = 50-60 thousand a year and mom about 25 thousand a year. The ex decided to claim them and they lost out on grants for college because he did that. (he did that on purpose to make sure I don't get any refund back from claiming the kids.) So how do I tell her she should probably redo her fasfa(?) and either say she is an independent student or use my income. I am leaning toward staying out of it and let her learn on her own.

input please

Cricket