Old 07-08-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Bunny211

My college roommate did not use drugs and on occasion would have one drink when we went out. She was very religious and told me "if I have more than a couple drinks I feel like I am betraying God." She once had to pick my head up out of a bowl of macaroni and cheese so I didn't aspirate on it (xanax and booze...3 am mac and cheese seemed like a good idea....totally passed out in the bowl). I remember thinking what a stick in the mud she was. I just hit a year sober after a year of detoxes and spin -dries and rehabs. Oh and a 21 day stint in a locked psych unit. She, on the other hand, is a partner at a major consulting firm and is married with 2 babies. Beginning to think she had the right idea....

Also I had another friend who's father was a bad alcoholic. She would hang out with all of us but never touched alcohol or drugs. We used to do shots of vodka chased with OJ my freshman year in college and she would hang with us but just do shots of pure OJ. I remember once she drank about a carton of OJ and had the sugar shakes, sweating and nauseous. But never, ever touched alcohol.