Old 07-08-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
stevieg46

Seriously I have over the years met lots of people that never drank , smoked or did drugs mind you I am 70 yrs old , years ago until maybe the mid 60 s women were not allowed in Bars /Taverns there were no lounges either which meant if you and your girlfriend /wife wanted a drink on the weekend there was no bars that provided that facility . Which I suppose leads me to the ones I have known that never drank/drugged/even smoked who were mostly women , aunts about 3 , church goers quite a few , basically drugs etc prescription tablets were unheard of , but it may have been available undercover/secret .

I n those days it was fashionable for men to drink who took over from their fathers and so on , so it became a tradition , I have years ago worked with two or three guys never never indulged or smoked . so today its the done thing to do and acceptable and fashionable and in some areas cocaine is recreational .
Have met one or two that do not indulge in either possibly through family bad experiences . Today it is really no concern to me , I am happy to know I am an alcoholic and do not care who drinks or doesn't it is no concern of mine , even if they brought out a ''cure '' I wouldn't be interested as Alcoholics Anonymous have gave me a wonderful life through my application of the 12 Steps of recovery .

Stevie recovered 12 03 2006