Old 07-08-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ken33xx

Originally Posted by LuckyBamboo View Post
I'm sure there are many of those people out there who I crossed paths with (or rather, most likely never had the chance to cross paths with due to lifestyle differences) who have never drank alcohol or done drugs. It was just a curious thought to me this beautiful, sunny, clear headed, non-drunk, non-hungover, no plans to drink later today morning. I was wondering the breakdown of people I know, family, acquantances, co-workers etc. The normal drinkers (whether they drink once or twice a year or one drink a week etc), the heavy drinkers, the ones like me who are alcoholics (be they active or working on recovery), and the ones who never drank or did drugs. I only know one person and their husband who have never done either. That was all I could come up with for that group. I started to wonder if I will run across more now that I am in recovery. My boyfriend doesn't like drinking, he did drink when he was younger, but just doesn't like it. I have seen him drink maybe 3 times in 9 years together. His DOC was opoids and benzos, and he has been clean from those for years. It doesn't really matter in the long run I know, but it follows along the lines of the "cultural prevalence" of alcohol and drugs.
My wife has never done drugs and rarely drinks.