Thread: Well trod path
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 10:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
LeeJane

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
LJ, I totally understand. About a month ago I put out a post that I've mentally moved on, and I have. We've been married for almost 12 years, and she has changed so much since then, in ways I don;t like. I also have changed.

AW is a great mom during the day, and cares deeply for DS. But once the wine glass hits her lips before dinner, she stops being able to fulfill the role of a responsible parent, and I hate it and don't understand it.

The lies, the betrayal, the empty promises, the exaggerations, the denials, blameshifting - everything. It's just too much. I just want out.

That's why I'm working on me, and giving extra love and attention to DS, so when it's time for the next move, DS and I are ready. Well, I'll be ready.
Thanks for sharing this. I am where you are, working on ME. I have compassion for where AH is at but I cant allow myself to be pulled in. I am working on getting myself ready for the next stage in my life. Empowering. Such a sad waste of energy to focus on the suffering alcoholic.

AH shoots 'sniper fire', if you know what I mean. Little shots of his own anger shoot out of his mouth now and now. From nowhere. Nothing to do with what I am doing. Internal shots from him.

Love that you focus love and attention on DS.