View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
lizatola

Yes, Firesprite, you said what some of my concerns are. We obviously would have our own book of business and I wouldn't allow him access to my client accounts and vice versa, but his advice on running the practice and the office would be very helpful to me starting out. What if we break up in 2-3 years? That wouldn't be pretty even if we were running our own offices, you know?
Technically, we already are in competition but I'm support level staff at a private wealth management firm. Since I don't advise, I am really not competition....I just work for the competition, lol. Oh, and the FINRA 2090 among others are so much fun, lol!

Anyway, I honestly would like to go more corporate America with this. I did find out today they will not sponsor me to get either license here. So, in a few months, I will be most likely looking for another job again.

I may take Dandy's advice and find a career counselor because I really need to explore a few things. I, personally, would love to get into 401K management and retirement plan management at a large company; dealing with employees and handling distributions, doing presentations on their benefits packages, etc but I'm not even sure where to look for something like that or if I'd even be qualified. I think a lot of people are clueless as to what their companies are offering and they just blindly invest their money into some random fund that is offered to them. There is no investment advice for most 401Ks unless you already have an advisor. So, you get a retirement package with a morningstar report and a few funds listed and you, the average American with barely any investment experience, is expected to know how to diversify their retirement monies???

The idea of a financial therapist sounds interesting. Keep me posted!