Old 07-04-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
I worked the steps at 2 weeks of sobriety with amazing results (obsession lifted). I worked the 12 steps again at 4 months, 8 months (learned the sponsor's role this time through) and at 18 months of sobriety. When I get squirrely or feel off-center, I work through those 12 steps with my sponsor.

My home group members work the steps more than once. Some of these people have 30 years of sobriety and continue to work the steps (all 12) with their sponsor. They claim that they are not the same person today that they were a month ago, so there will always be something to learn when working through the steps honestly.

Why not work the steps again? They don't need to take a long time to work through. Just take a look at you through the step-work and see what happens (again!).
This pretty well sums up my plan for repeating the steps (I am working on 4, here at almost 5 mo sober) as well as what people in one of my two main groups do. The ones that stay sober, that is. I kinda look forward to doing them many times - then again, I re-read books and I always liked homework, so maybe it's a reflex

And agree- why not? Can't hurt!