View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
August252015

Re drugs - I am on a regimen prescribed by my doctor. Two of my meds are daily ones that I will quite possibly never stop taking. One is for sleep (and a side effect on anxiety) - seroquel, which around here people have had various good/bad experiences with, for me all good) and another for anxiety.

THIS is the one my doctor and I are agreed that I will be weaned off of, gradually over the next few months. It is a take as needed benzo (Lorazepam). To do this, I have begun actively, moreso than I realized before, possibly, put into place the actions I have been learning in recovery. To get through the anxiety "myself" - and it is a good feeling to do this - I haven't taken a pill since Fri. I am not addicted, but this is a drug I do not need to take forever.

Pills can be tough. Not taking them when we like the feeling is definitely tough. I'm just a girl trying to see if I can do it. Hope we all can assess our situations, working with a good doctor where honesty is the key, as people have said.

Happy Monday, all.