View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
uncle holmes

Originally Posted by BigRed57 View Post
Well, I guess I'm the wierdo. I take 300 mg per night & it's been since 2005 when I got divorced. It really isn't working anymore for me. If I take it 1/2 hr before going to sleep, I'll fall asleep for about 2 hrs & then I'm up & down all night. If I take nothing & wake up 2 hrs later, I take it then with the same result; only 2 hrs sleep. I can't even remember the last time I had a good night's sleep. I want to take nothing anymore, but I don't know if my body thinks that's even possible. So I give up!
I too would rather take nothing but like you said my body won't sleep very well. I'm a deep thinker. I think and worry too much at night. And my sleeping patterns are too irregular without meds.

And I can't take a chance on continually missing sleep or I would not be able to carry out my duties in life with holding a job, having a peace of mind in sobriety, family obligations.....The list goes on! Getting a good nights sleep to me is just as important for my sobriety as anything else!

My psychiatrist told me that if trazadone isn't helping my insomnia to let him know and he can either add something with the trazadone or find other meds that will put me to sleep! He guarantees anyone that he will find something that will work for them to put them to sleep!

I would discuss this with your psychiatrist and see if they can either add something with the trazadone or find something else to get you some better sleep. Don't give up!