View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

Originally Posted by JarredMud View Post
...I can't afford to pay so I'm willing to work for six months. I don't know what to expect, haven't found much online and I'm expecting jail type conditions, but that's in my head...

...I went down there Wednesday...They breathalyzed me...when I got there I blew a .195. I thought I was completely sober. Anyway, I learned it's 30 days no contact, but not much else...because I didn't ask questions...I have no idea...what happens after the 30 days. I have to do it so it doesn't really matter, but it's not leaving me feeling great about how it's run. Going down on Tuesday to get in or get info.
Originally Posted by JarredMud View Post
...There's too little info on it!
There's quite a bot of info available...............I found this information online.............................:

"The only real requirement for admission into a Salvation Army drug rehab program is that you be sober at the time of entry (your .195 would not qualify)..." Salvation does NOT offer detox.

"...that you be willing to participate in a faith based recovery program and also be willing to pay your way through the rehab by working in the Salvation Army stores and peripheral programs..."

"Residents in a Salvation Army drug rehab, which run for anywhere from 3 months to 9 months in duration, are provided with food, clothing and accommodation, and given access to treatment, bible study, education and work training programs..."

"Because the Salvation Army is an evangelical Christian organization, faith based methods of recovery are emphasized. The 12 steps of alcoholics anonymous or narcotics anonymous are customarily employed, and recovering addicts will participate in daily 12 steps style or other group recovery meetings..."

"Additionally, bible and scripture study with an emphasis on readings related to spiritual healing and recovery are emphasized. Christian counseling with church leaders and Sunday worship are also encouraged..."

"Works as therapy is emphasized in a Salvation Army drug rehab, and recovering addicts are required to help offset the costs of their stay by working in the Salvation Army stores, driving Salvation Army trucks, or otherwise working within the organization. The Salvation Army philosophy of recovery calls for work therapy as a way to re build needed employment skills and personal responsibility, as well as a way to transition safely back into the world of employment and temptation having already learned how to work within a structured and temptation free environment."

Hope this helps you some..................

(o: