View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
HopeandFaith1

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
I guess how you handle this is a choice. I mean, if you think this person is truly trying to sabotage your effects? Then heck ya, see ya friend. And really, what's the big deal? You are sober, you know you want to be, her issues are hers.

Could also be that she's alone and missing her drinking buddy. If she's a true friend, maybe suggest coffee with her? Maybe then you can really explain to her that you are not, ever, going to drink with her again. If she can't respect that, tell her you cannot remain friends.

I am frequently faced with situations that have the potential to irritate me, anger me, frustrate etc etc. The key to keeping my calm is in how I choose to react.
I hear you. I did try to give her the benefit of the doubt for a while but this has been going on for months. And at the beginning when I decided to quit I still did drink a couple nights at longer intervals but have now come to the firm conclusion that it is really time to stop and I have more consecutive days than I have ever had in 20 years. It would seem if she were truly a friend, as others have said she would say, "WOW I am so proud of you"...I mean if your good friend told you she was allergic to ice cream and it makes terrible things happen to her, would you invite her to an ice cream social? Of course not.

There's no way that she can't know how serious it is because she's known me for years now and I have told her about the destructive behavior and the fighting and the physical problems I have had including darn near dying. Why on earth would she continue to ask knowing this information?

I know it is counterproductive to harp on it, I am just trying to get it out there so I won't sit here and stew on it all day. I'm new to all of this and things are bugging me a lot more than they probably will six months from now when I am more secure, at least I hope so.