View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
jimmysheens

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
that's misinformation. the side effects of withdrawl can be deadly.

ive been on Cymbalta for 10 years now. felt I wanted to get off them once. went cold turkey.
the withdrawls amost killed me.
and I wasn't suicidal.

but it was only my doctor that told me it was deadly, which I looked into and found him to be right.

I must admit, I only did a quick Google search and didn't find anything to support that position. I should have been more thorough. I will look deeper so I am better informed and safer if there is a next time. I never meant to imply it's good to go, I was just painting a picture of exactly where I am now.

FWIW -- I am 8 or 9 days off the Cymbalta and Brintellix and the only side effect I have had has been a brain zap every few hours. They are more fun than a negative. Kind of like a tingly zap of fun in my head. It's nothing like the time I withdrew from Effexor.

Apart from that I am fine. Better than I was when on the mdicaton to be pefectly honest. Even my wife said I'm friendlier. I just hope this holds out and I'm not in for a collapse. I am very scared of having to go on Parnate, but I am at the end of the line pretty much.