Thread: asking for help
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 11:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

sounds familier. I didnt really know how to live at a year sober either. and I worried constantly still. I could never stop worrying. I didnt hate my life so much tho by a year but i was kinda just dazed and confused still. I didnt know how to intereact with others well and spend a lot of time worried about this and that.

What helped me was reading books like the power of now and so on. I had to read a few diff books like that to really drive the point accross that this present moment is all we really have and to not dwell in the past or worry about an unwritten future insesently.

So you could read some books like that if you want but also try and stay present. the past is done and over with the future hasnt happened yet so dont worry about neither. All you got is htis present moment so make the most of it etc.. Try to not allow your mind to wonder and zone out on to thoughts about whatever but rather stay focused on the present moment. I know if i'm not careful my mind will take me on a detour of worry and such. Gotta try and stop that before it happens.