View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 04:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ElleSki

So confused.....

Ok, so here's my story. I have drank on and off since I was 13. Obviously I took many breaks in between then and now (i'm 35). I was military so i've been overseas where i can't drink for a year and a half at a time. No problem. I left the Army 2 years ago. The first year, didn't really drink too much. I'd go on a 3 day bender then stop for a while. i was in college and didn't want to effect my work, so it wasn't often that i would get wasted. Well, 8 months ago I met my now ex. He was the kind of person that was waking up before work and drinking a pint and a tall boy. Then getting out of work and getting wasted. Every day. I unfortunately fell into this pattern with him. At first it was just beer for me, then it was beer and a pint a day, within the last month it had turned into a fifth of captain a day for me sometimes one in the morning and one at night. The day before i decided to quit i thought i was having a heart attack, so I made a large drink and I downed it. Didn't drink till the next morning (Sunday). Didn't hold it down well. Slept the day away. Up on Monday, had a small coffee mug of wine. Didn't drink the rest of the day. Did not drink yesterday. Not one issue except very gassy (no pain, just annoying). So for two days I had no problems with symptoms, and this morning comes the hallucinations. Has anyone else had this experience? I feel fine, do not feel sick or anything. I think what i'm most scared of is DT's. I don't want to experience that. I heard that it's not an actual common thing, but wanted to get some input if possible.

Thanks for reading! Hope you all have a happy day! (BTW just wanted to give a little background about myself. This has made me feel a lot better the last few days. Glad I signed up)