Old 06-21-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
StayStrong33

I quit drinking at 26 (sober since Dec 3, 2014) and I'm SO glad I did. I wasted way too many days being wasted and never want to waste another. I had to make peace and move on from the "drinking me" and all it entailed. Some parts were fun, some were terrible. I had to rebuild my confidence the natural way without liquid courage in my system and grow up to deal with life. It has been a process but in my experience, all of my friends think I'm a better person now that I've stopped. I don't worry them with my crazy anxiety and depression. I don't black out and say things I don't mean or that will embarrass someone else. I'm actually funny instead of just thinking I'm funny when I'm drunk. I remember my conversations with my friends instead of having to pretend. Life is too short to drink it away and if you're around friends who plan to drink their weekends/days/nights away, maybe it's time to get new ones anyway. If you stop drinking now, I guarantee you won't look back several years later and say "Wow, I really wish I would have kept drinking". But you may look back and wish you had stopped.