View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sunshine1234

I made up excuses for my husbands behavior for the past 5 years knowing he was not telling me the truth or anyone else. I tried to convince myself every day that he was being honest and even thought maybe I'm just being a nag and I need to let it go. There were several occassions I found a pill or empty bottle and he would just say it wasn't his. He would also drink at social gatherings and take it way too far. He too is on suboxone and tried to convince me it was just for pain relief even though I know he was abusing it. I finally decided to go with my gut and no longer tolerate his behaviors. I confessed to my family and friends about his issues and moved out. He's now in treatment but I feel only to win the kids and I back and not because he wants to be sober. It's a sucky situation to be in but you become so wrapped up in their addictions yourself that you loose site of who you are and your morals. This site is amazing and getting me through this more than even my therapist is. Keep reading and posting and you will receive so much support and incredible advice. Through the advice of the members on here I've started reading the book Codependent No More and omg it's eye opening! It's a hard journey that we are on but just remember you have one life and you deserve to be in an honest relationship with a good man. Hang in there!!