View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
daffodil315

Tired of letting it go

I have been married for 9 1/2 years. This past weekend we went out of town to a family reunion and my husband who has been on suboxone for several years, stole two types of pills from a family member's bathroom. I saw toilet paper in a pocket and my heart sunk. I knew what it was. I took them and my husband immediately said that they were just ibuprofen. I knew they weren't. I knew he had stolen them. I took them from him and put them back in the family member's bathroom. This has happened several times over the past ten years. If I can't prove that he did it with actual evidence and just that medication is missing, he NEVER admits it and makes me look like a bad person calling him a liar. Even with this weekend's issue, he says it won't ever happen again. Really, it JUST happened!

He looked thru a therapist's bag who was at my house for my son which resulting in losing the therapy (April 2016)

He took percocet from my dad's house (2015)

He took money from my moms purse, from my sisters car, etc.

It just keeps happening.

I do everything that I can to keep him out of the situations where this could happen. Him not going to my parent's house, him not visiting strangers of family members bathrooms. I'm so tired of the shady behavior. He says I'm not willing to let it go and I'm not. I want him to admit all of these things he has done, and not just the one that I caught him with.

I don't know what to do next. I'm tired of having to plan my life around his sketchy behaviors.

Has anyone been thru this? It's the stealing and lying that bothers me more than an actual addiction to pills.