View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
gaffo

Fourteen days is awesome! I am proud of you. Early sobriety can be so tough. It's not going to be easy for a while yet but you have soldiered through some of the hardest stuff. Great work!

My wife is a drinker, we drank together from the first moment that we met. When I quit I was hoping for something, I'm not even sure what now, but whatever it was I didn't get it. Our relationship didn't reset to "newlywed". She was invited to an alanon meeting but was not interested. She would put "wine" on the shopping list and order lots of drinks when we went out together. After a couple of years when she realized that I was never going to drink again she stopped tricking me into buying alcohol. Now she drinks cheap vodka from plastic bottles, a habit that I find somewhat alarming but who am I to question--I used to drink all day, every day and my excuses are the stuff of legend.

It's funny I don't feel qualified to assess whether someone else is alcoholic or not. Just me and I am. That's all I can work with. Honestly it doesn't matter if someone else is alcoholic or not, even my wife.

Good luck to you, jphendrix83. Enjoy not being hungover and not feeling the dread insanity of alcoholic drinking!