View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
hopeful4

A lot depends on the judge. I sat in court when my X got into trouble. I was very impressed w/ the judge who was actually willing to listen to the individual, not just the attorney. Maybe writing a letter for you to read aloud would be appropriate if given the opportunity w/the judge. You can learn a lot about the judge you will have just by sitting in open court one day and seeing how he or she handles things. That judge had very open communications with everyone, and I felt had a good handle on the situation of what was truly happening.

You are not going to be able to get a job in the corporate field that they offer you a company car for a while I would guess, due to the DUI. Even if the DUI is not on the record itself, by running your motor vehicle report they will be able to see your license was suspended and will know that way. Commercial insurance is very picky about who they allow on a policy, and I would say that is a contributing reason you lost your position. They are not likely to allow someone with a suspension, for a period of three to five years, depending on the insurance carrier. I work in the insurance field as a profession and see this happen quite frequently.

Is it possible to stay with your parents or someone closer to civilization until you get your license reinstated and can find employment? If so, I would definitely reach for that option. I would also let your twins go with a licensed driver and get their permit. Not b/c that helps you, but I am guessing it is important to them. Said from a mother of a teenage driver.

I know this is all very hard right now. Eventually it will be past you. I hope your future holds sobriety and peace and happiness for you and your children.