View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 11:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Zaec

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
It was called the Soweto Uprising Zaec? I remember that tragic picture.

I was exhausted in the early days too, but I didn't sleep well at first. I hope you're able to get a good rest. We need to heal. Congrats on your 14 days of sobriety.
Yes the Soweto uprising. I am impressed that you know that. As a mixed race woman born into Apartheid, I celebrate days like these.

I have actually been sleeping okay so far. In fact I am sleeping my heart out. I remember the last time I tried to get sober, I had lots of insomnia filled nights as well as waking up with sweat down my back. This time it is a bit different so I might as well go all the way now before it's worse. I just wish the anxiety attacks would take a hike. It's the one unpleasant side affect for me.

Today is one of those cold days again and it's Friday. I am going to have to have my guard up extra high today. I will try and avoid the grocery stores today and just wing it as far as dinner goes. Hopefully I will be okay through the weekend. Right now I have no cravings but then again it's only around 8am. I will not drink today.

I am starting to really feel better. It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders but my AV voice is still very strong. Early days I guess