View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Taking every ounce of my being to drag self into shower and prepare for lunch with a friend.
Ya' know, you do have some good stuff in your life, sleepie. You have at least 1 friend.

These days though I don't like to get my hair wet, too many bald spots from pulling it out.
Try the turban. It's worked for millions for at least hundreds of years.

Courage curious, how much sober time are you at? I dunno if you ever shared what kind of drinking history you had.
You asked for it!
  • First drugs, first drunk at 10 or 11.
  • By 15 daily user/drinker, a garbage head.
  • By 17 addicted to speed and who knows what else -- narrowly avoiding heroin, I forced myself into abstinence from speed. Long period of depression & more daily drinking followed.
  • Maintained at that rate, periodically severely depressed, for a decade.
  • At 28 got pregnant. Abstinence for some time -- probably until I quit breastfeeding, so maybe almost 2 years total. Explains why I hated breastfeeding so much LOL.
  • By 32 back to daily drinking, sometimes just about 4 shots a day, sometimes a lot more. Maintained like that another 15 years. Knew I was alcoholic but assumed inevitability.
  • At 47 went off deep end into a pool of gin. 3 years.
  • At 50 came here for first quit. Couldn't do it. Went into AA progam -- the works, meetings 1-2 times daily, sponsor, service -- and here. Abstinent 1 year.
  • 9 months in to year 1 what I thought was PAWS set in. Probably it was a major depressive episode. Relapsed at 13 months for about a month.
  • Back in, with psychopharm. 2 years & 4 months now. Sometimes I don't know how I can maintain -- it's still one day at a time. But it's good to have every day-- every night I have a day to be grateful for.