View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Acheleus

I am working today. I put on a new suit and I found a bunch of hermes ties someone gave me in high school. No, I didn't plan on celebrating but I did buy a little watch I liked to remind me to make the most of my time and to remember that I just have to take it a day at a time. Also, an ex of mine years ago bought me a watch and I came home drunk one night angry about something and I tore the watch off and broke the band. So, I plan on keeping this watch for a long time.

I'm sure I would be celebrating with my ex who is in recovery but I can see now that it is best for and me to live our separate lives. She kind of ran over my life and I have been trying to socialize with people at work but they all drink and smoke.

I may go eat at a restaurant with a book...That sounds lonely and sad but I chose to stay in an abusive relationship with a person who isolated me.

Going to the beach this weekend to see my dad so I will walk on the beach, go to my favorite coffee shop, and start to feel better. I may move back there to just reassess things.

I am very glad to be one year sober and at work. Now it is time for me to grow in other areas so I can be the real me!