View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 10:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mac6367

15 Days, I think...

So, good news... I am 15 days sober. I'm hoping anyway. Tonight at work I ran into a little problem. I have a bottle of peppermint schnapps filled with water so that I have something to drink in front of the people that really push the shots. It might not be the best idea, but it removes the pressure without having to actually take a drink.

My boss has this stupid and illegal little thing he does where he fills up all the liquor bottles every morning so that he doesn't have to give out as many free shots when someone kills the bottle. Well, even though he knew about my marked bottle that sits in the back of the cooler, he must have forgotten and topped it off with the schnapps. I didn't know this until I took one of my "shots." It was still very watery - I couldn't even see a difference in consistency when I poured it, but I definitely tasted the mint. My stomach just dropped. I can't actually say I've gone fifteen days without a drop of liquor. Do I still get to consider myself 15 days sober? Does it count? I'm really disappointed.

I had just a moment where the thought that I had screwed it up anyway so I might as well just continue drinking it... but I quickly dismissed that and strictly refused any shots all night, since I had no alternative. I do think it's good that I was able to shut down my AV so quickly and easily, but I still feel a little defeated by the whole situation.