View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 01:08 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
sleepie

OK NOW

I am finally kind of ready to say something.

I was judged yet again by someone in a cruel manner meant to publicly humiliate me and I am furious and I shouldn't have to say this but I have every right to be.

BF has a degree in a field that people respect. I have one in art. WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT TALENTS. Mine are not academic and so excuse me for doing what I do and what I know.

SO anyway. We are all hanging out and bf was talking about his old school and I said well, where I went it was much better for art. And that is true.

Then mutual acquaintance looks at me and goes with a huge smirk "And how's that workin' out for ya?" Because she makes a TON of money and I am poor, very poor. Because unfortunately, my brain was not gifted in the things that are deemed pay worthy. I am an artist. Meanwhile this b**** has MY artwork in her child's room- huge murals I painted for free.

What does she do? She works a corporate job, and society applauds her. What do I do? Make the world prettier and more interesting, and some people happier. But I am s***.

Because- MONEY MONEY MONEY and things and cars and homes and more things and the BEST things that money can buy is what's important here folks. What... contributing to culture and engaging in a meaningful endeavor that actually brings people happiness? USELESS, people, USELESS.

Yes my life is a fail. I was not born with any talents that are money making. I have no money and I have no family... I am not academic and will never be...

Art making was the only thing left that made me feel worth anything at all, anything.

Slapped in the face by one that I have given my art, my very heart and soul... the only thing I possess to give- away to.

A little more of my heart died off today.