View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
miko67

Anxiety v 12 steps

I have been going to meetings regularly and been through the 12 steps. I feel very good for doing it and it has no doubt helped and is helping me stay sober for many years.
The problem is I suffer anxiety, I have since I can remember, always had sweaty palms and always very shy. Obviously drink and drugs were a great solution to my problems.
My anxiety has been that bad at points that I couldn't speak , totally lost my voice while trying to speak to people. When I stand in queue sometimes I a wanna jump out my skin, also in meetings I can get hot flashes and feel really uneasy. I like the sanctuary of my own company and home were I feel safe.

My sort of question or if anyone could give me feedback is, has anxiety disappeared from you as you have done the 12 steps and are working them in your life? Do any of you have the same struggles? Also is anxiety a real condition or is it just mean you are scared? I'm going to see another therapist soon, the last one fobbed me off but really my sobriety counts on me getting over it and maybe some therapists don't know the lengths I've came and the darkness I've left to get this far.

I do yoga n meditate n do a lot of exercise too so just hoping for some feedback , thanks.

Peace